Judge sets case management schedule in the Samantha Markle lawsuit against Megan Markle - possible trial in 2023
The case management judge of Samantha Markle's Florida lawsuit against half sister Meghan, has set timelines for specific events in the case. The lawsuit, if not dismissed, withdrawn, or settled prior to then, will head to a jury trial in October 2023. No news yet as to whether or not the judge has decided the motion brought by Meghan to dismiss the case outright.
This is the current schedule that was set by the judge on August 3rd 2022:
- Discovery due by 4/3/2023,
- Dispositive motions due by 5/5/2023,
- Pretrial statement due by 8/22/2023,
- All other motions due by 8/29/2023,
- Final Pretrial Conference set for 9/19/2023 at 3:15 PM in Tampa Courtroom 13A before Judge Charlene Edwards Honeywell,
- Jury Trial set for term commencing 10/2/2023 in Tampa Courtroom 13A before Judge Charlene Edwards Honeywell.
- Conduct mediation hearing by 8/31/2023. Lead counsel to coordinate dates.
- Signed by Judge Charlene Edwards Honeywell on 8/3/2022.